It is important to Craig to be as accessible to his constituents as possible. He therefore holds regular surgeries by appointment, drop-in surgeries (no appointment needed), and coffee mornings around the Calder Valley.
To find out where and when Craig's surgeries are held, please check the EVENTS page.
Craig regularly visits Calder Valley schools, businesses, events, organisations etc. We can also arrange an informal 'Q&A' style session upon request for groups of 6+ which can be arranged at a venue or an individual's home.
Craig is able to undertake cases for his constituents on a range of issues, with the help of his team.
If you have a specific issue which you require help with, you can call his office on 01484 711260 for advice and possibly a surgery appointment if you need one.
Quite often assistance can be given without requiring a meeting, or work may be done in advance of one.
As a Member of Parliament Craig is best able to assist with matters for which Parliament or central government is responsible such as:
- Tax problems involving the HM Revenue and Customs Department.
- Problems dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions such as benefits, pensions and National Insurance.
- Problems dealt with by the Home Office, such as immigration.
- Problems dealt with by the Department of Health, such as hospitals and the National Health Service (NHS).
- Problems dealt with by the Department for Education, such as school closures and grants.
However, Craig will aim to advise on all matters and signpost you to where you can best get help with any other issues, for example, with local Council matters.
Please note that he is not able to settle private disputes with neighbours or employers, nor can he help in family arguments or some individual consumer matters. He cannot interfere with decisions made in court or the legal process.
These are guidelines only and if you are unsure whether Craig can assist you, please don’t hesitate to contact the office.